Saturday, December 4, 2010

Happy Holidays!!!


Who am I? What happened to me? I have been listening to Christmas music since at least a week before Thanksgiving!!! I loved seeing the decorations up in the stores (again, before Thanksgiving), and we went to see a local Santa Parade... again, before Thanksgiving! I have always been one who would wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate or listen to Christmas music, but this year I have been listening to Christmas music since at least the week before Thanksgiving and I just really, can't describe my excitement for this year! I love the holiday season and having little ones just makes it that much more wonderful!
So, my mom was able to come visit for a week, and we enjoyed some lounging time and Matt and I were able to disappear for some breakfast!!! Thanks, Mom! She also taught me how to make some bread, although I haven't attempted that feat on my own yet, but I will... We did visit Garden of the Gods and the Olympic Village in Colorado Springs, and enjoyed a nice afternoon with all of the girls (Mom, Liz, Alivia, Tatum, Kalina, and myself) at the mall. That was such a nice afternoon! Nice and relaxing and with all of us. Something we haven't been able to do in quite some time! All in all, a really nice visit!






This Thanksgiving, our close friends, Jon & Kimberly, invited us to their home for dinner. What a wonderful Thanksgiving! I love being around friends and family for the holidays. It was so nice to spend the day with my sister and niece, Jon & Kimberly and Jon's parents, and our little family. Dinner was delicious and we were able to enjoy a couple of dinners worth of Turkey & Dumplings with the leftovers they sent us home with! MMMMMM... Tatum, though, had the best 'doggy bags'... one with black olives and another with marshmallows.... she wanted to combine them in the car... EWE!

No comments: