Christmas Eve, we put Tatum's old toys up in the loft, so she wouldn't be sidetracked ... but when she woke up she immediately saw them... "toys, toys"...those would soon be forgotten. Dad brought her downstairs, and how this girl knew what was inside the packages, no one knows... but immediately "toys, toys, toys"(as they were walking downs the stairs). Tatum was an absolute blast this year... each package had to be opened, and if she were to rip any of the paper, she had to hand one of us the small piece... no making a big mess, but nicely handing us the paper. We (Matt, Aunt Liz, and I) spent most of the morning mastering the art of taking children's toys out of their packaging... for toys that are for toddlers, they sure tie them in good with small pieces, and many of them at that! Tatum played with each of her toys before we moved on to the next package. She spent the day shopping, cooking, shooting 'hoop'(s), playing with her animal friends, and vacuuming- yes, we put her to work on Christmas day ;) ...
One part of her opening presents, can be depicted very well with some pictures, but let me tell the story... She received a "George" monkey, and as she was opening it (as I have always done with monkeys) "oh look, Tatum, it's Dad!!!"... She quickly picks this up and starts calling the monkey 'Daddy'... Aunt Liz and I find this hysterical and are laughing while Matt, on the otherhand is giving me a look that says... oh, I'll get you back for this one.... Well, Tatum didn't like the laughing too much, and well.... here she is....
I can't figure it out... is she upset that we were laughing, or because we were teasing her Dad???
Don't worry, Ron, Patti, and Dan, Matt didn't change with becoming a dad... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment