Carl and Samantha rode with Tatum and I back to Colorado for the short 17 hour drive. The Great Plains are SO exciting! (THANK YOU BOTH for riding/driving with us... I think I drove for a total of 4 hours- Carl drove the rest) We left Indiana Thursday morning and arrived in Denver around 2:30 a.m... just in time to go to sleep! Friday morning I headed to Denver International Airport and picked up my friend, Kristy, and her daughter, Kay. 











Kristy and Kay headed back to Indy Sunday morning, and Carl, Sam, and I headed to Boulder to relax at Boulder Falls, and do a little driving in the mountains. While up in the mountains, a car was pulled over, so we slowed down to see what it was, and we saw a BEAR!!! I was driving, so I didn't get to look too much, but we still got to see it. :) We headed back to the house, grilled out some Brats, and relaxed. 


Friday, we rented a mini-van and headed to Rocky Mountain National Park, we watched Elk fight and listed to them bugle- it's mating season. That was definitely awesome. The fall colors in Colorado are beautiful right now- not so many oranges and reds, but the yellows are so bright! Later, we stopped and had a picnic. Saturday, Kristy worked, so Carl, Sam, Liz, Kay, Tatum, and I hung out most of the day, then I took Kay and Tatum to the park. When Kristy got back, we headed to downtown Denver and checked out 16th Street Mall where we enjoyed a little chocolate at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory...mmmmm.... Kristy, Sam, and I hung out in the kitchen and made some Grandma's chicken and chili dip... mmm...



No comments:
Post a Comment