2010 was a great year for our family! We had some ups and some downs, but all in all, it was a good year. We started the year off with a newborn and a 2 year old. I was a little scared to see how we were going to juggle two little ones, but Kalina has been one of the happiest babies, and T has been such a great helper from Day 1! I could have not asked for more!
Unfortunately, as T grew older, she had an allergy pop up and get worse and worse.... a dog allergy. This was probably the worst part of the year, I still get upset when I think about them... we had to find Jackson and Hunter a new home. As most of you know, they were our babies from our first year of marriage. We did find them an active home full of love and full of life- together. I have been in contact with their new 'mom' a few times throughout the year, and I know they are extremely happy! On to our next sad part... we found a dog, Dexter, whom T had no reaction to for quite a few months.... then it came... with a vengeance.... Dexter was rehomed to a co-worker of Matt's and is really in the best place he could be! So, no dogs for our house :(
On to good things!!! This was definitely the year of babies!!!
K was born in 09, but just a few days out...
Alex (Carl & Samantha's baby) was born in March
Alivia (Elisabeth's baby) was born in August
Liana (Dan & Kim's baby) was also born in August
What a wonderful year!!! Family is definitely growing and I'm loving it!
My sister moved in with us in April. It was so nice to have her around and the girls definitely loved it! We shared many mornings with some coffee, and too many trips to baby/kid clothing stores!!! :D Liz did share the most amazing experience with me... the birth of my niece, Alivia. Life is such a beautiful thing, and to be there when one 'begins'... hearing her little cry... amazing. Thank you for sharing, Liz. :) Unfortunately, Liz had to move back to IN in December. Too many miles between us, but thank goodness for Skype (and smartphones).
We also had another big change... another move... from Westminster (north of Denver) to Highlands Ranch (South of Denver). Matt did another Grand Opening with LifeTime, and I'll have to admit, that as much as I dislike grand opening months and the hours he has to work, nothing can compare to this past summer/fall that we all got to spend a lot of quality time together. We took a trip to IN together in May, headed up to the mountains quite a few times, including a beautiful trip to Aspen in the fall.... Wow, was Aspen beautiful! Matt was also able to enjoy playing softball in the Spring and Summer.
The girls...
K is just growing like crazy- and as happy as can be! You can't help but smile back at her, even when she's doing something she knows she's not supposed to be doing, when she gives her devilish little grin! She has not been much of a crier (until she began teething), and really just smiles a lot!She has been a cuddler and I can't say that I was upset about that! One of my favorites this year, was around Halloween, when she had just her fangs on the top... her smile was absolutely adoarable. She is our little miss curiousity and likes to get in to EVERYTHING! So, she is definitely keeping me on my toes!
T is just beautiful inside and out. She has been quite the helper with K and absolutely loves her! She really, never did the 'jealous' thing, and always wants to hold/hug/kiss/play with her sister. This year, T has just loved learning! Learning everything and anything. She likes to know what things are, how they work, etc... very interested in everything, and loves helping me in the Kitchen! We enrolled her in Pre-School for two half-days, and she absolutely loves it! She loves the learning, loves her teachers, and loves playing with her friends. She also goes to Tumbling once a week. This year, she fell in love with Melman, from Madagascar, and only recently set him down for a bit as she became obsessed with the movie Cars. The other day, I asked her what her favorite thing was.... her answer.... shopping.... UH OH! ;)
Throughout the year, we had quite a few visits from family. I can't really tell you how much I really appreciate everyone coming out here! It is so nice to have family come visit, and the girls absolutely love it! (I love having a house full as well) Thank you!!!!!
All in all, 2010 was a great year, and we are looking forward to 2011!!!! Hope this next year treats your family well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment