With all of this beautiful weather, we are starting to see the beginnings of Spring all around. The lily leaves are popping up out of the ground, grass is beginning to green, birds are chirping more, and the trees are budding, ready to bloom! Ahhhh, what a beautiful time of year! Looking at the calendar, we are coming up on closing out our first year in Colorado.... what does that mean? Usually, it means it's time to move on to the next place, or at least move into a different house... not this year! :) Matt and I were discussing moving, and had a place in mind... things didn't work out, and so Matt and I consider this a new adventure... staying in the SAME house for not one, but TWO years in a row! WOW! Some of you may think... really, Christy? Well, if you know Matt and I, and think back to the point of us getting married- we have not lived in the same place for two years straight, yet. Many of you have received emails every year... here's our new address...ope! we're moving AGAIN- here's our new place... and thought that maybe, just maybe you could write it in ink... well, perhaps you can keep this one with darker writing at least... just not the ink, yet... ;)
It's hard to believe that we have been here for almost a year, and I was looking back at pictures from when we first moved out here... I can not believe how different Tatum is already! She is just soaking up everything around her- labeling EVERYTHING! She absolutely loves to go outside, and as you can see in the video, the challenge will be, not to get her to go outside and play, but to keep her in, so I can at least cook! Oh the fun! :) I will not complain, part of the reason I wanted to move here from AZ was so Tatum could be outside playing all summer.
Tatum is at the point now, where she enjoys dressing.... and undressing herself. I will oftentimes see her taking her sweats off in the living room.... and putting them back on again... it is quite humorous! One day, I went to get her from her nap and she had her sweats on, along with two onsies she had grabbed from off her dresser wrapped around her legs. She just looked up and me and grinned- so pround of herself! Shoes, well those have been an issue for a couple of months. I don't even put socks or shoes on her until we arrive to our destination. She enjoys putting her shoes on... and my shoes... and Matt's shoes... and Aunt Liz's shoes, in the house, but if they are her shoes on in the car... forget about it! It is rather fun to watch her walk around in our big shoes, and she knows whose shoes she has on- 'Daddy's shoes'. Hats are another favorite. Whether it is one of her 'sun' hats or Matt's workout hat (gross, right?) or even one of my hats, she will put it on, walk around, and smile- whether she can see or not! I often have to follow her, so she does not walk right into a table. :)
After her nap... extra clothes on
It's amazing how much better the walking has become, as now she runs when she's excited, and walks up the stairs- just holding the banister. Not only is she walking, but she has been in the water quite a few times, and seems to have taken to it well!
The end of February was a sad time for us, as we said "goodbye" to our friends next door. With a great job opportunity for the family, they moved out to Arkansas :( ... We're so happy for them, but Tatum doesn't quite understand that Addie isn't next door anymore. Yesterday, we were outside walking/playing and she kept walking her stroller with one of her stuffed animals in it up their driveway, and then walking towards the door, 'Addie', and I would have to distract her. :( Tatum says her name a lot while she is playing or as we pull into the garage- wanting to head over there. We had a great couple of days before they left- kidnapping Addie for a while. Here are some pictures of our fun:





No comments:
Post a Comment