Wednesday, November 12, 2008

LIFETIME IS FINALLY OPEN!!!

Tatum went with me to vote... then, naturally, she wanted to watch the election results. :)

WOOOHOOOO! LIFETIME FINALLY OPENED!!! So, after a LONG 6 1/2 months... Lifetime Fitness had their Grand Opening last night, and opened for workouts today! Liz went with Tatum and I to the G.O. last night, and we took Tatum to the Child Center to check it out, and hope that she would get familiar with it before today... she loved all of the toys, was a little hesitant to explore, but she did, and today when I dropped her off, she didn't cry! She was checked on a couple of times by her dad and some of her adopted big brothers/more dads (she's NEVER going to be allowed to date).... and she was doing well. Matt said one of the employees was reading a story and she was sitting there listening- she LOVES books. This is GREAT because that means it should be easier for me to leave her in there now! Today, she was actually in there for the full two hours- I had a quick workout, then I had my hair chopped off! :)

I like it, but it's weird to get used to no hair in the back....

Anyway, more interesing information... So, one of Tatum's new things is to carry a blanket around in the evening when she's about ready for bed, lay it out perfectly, and lay down. We often times join her...one evening, Matt and I were cuddling with her on the blanket, and Matt had an idea of laying his head on my stomach to see what she would do... lol... she was NOT having any of that! I am hers... so, she kept pushing Matt's head away from me... he layed his head on my shoulder, and so she climbed on me and layed down to be closer to me than he was... lol.. it was hilarious.

Here are some pictures of one night she was cuddling with the dogs- she put the blanket in these positions, not me!

2 comments:

Jennifer Aitchison said...

You look BEAUTIFUL! I love the haircut..... and I am so jealous (but in a loving way of course) 2 whole hours to yourself... You so deserve it. :) I hope the business goes really well and Matt enjoys his time there. :)

Lots of Love,
Jen

Carrington Family said...

i love the haircut!! how funny, i just had mine chopped today too! Too bad it took 2 1/2 hrs just for a haircut. that's the risk i take for going to the aveda institute w/ the students. oh well, it turned out fine. Tatum is so cute w/ her blanket and having first dibs on you.
love,
kim